Peer to peer chat program where you can draw to your buddies as well as type to them.
|1.0.0||09/22/2005||Mac Win||Free!||Initial release.|
- /me [text]
Say something in the third person.
- /name [new_name]
Chages your name to new_name.
Clears your text field.
- /away [away_message]
Sets your away message. Empty away_message is equivalent to /back.
Clears your away status.
- Direct Connect
- Instant Messaging
- Drawing Toolkit
- Save/Export Drawings
- File Transfer
Shortcuts & Tricks
- When you are drawing a picture, you can change tools by right-clicking.
- The user does not have to type any message to send one, they may simply choose to press the send button and send a null string. This is not a bug, it's a feature!
- Your background color is seporate from that of the remote user. However, it is possible to "sync" your background with theirs. This proporty can be set via an obviously placed checkbox.
- Bookmarks not only save the address, port, and name of the remote user, they also save your window style (position, size, etc.)
- You can use the "packet size" preference to "cap" you upload. Every second exactly, VectorChat sends only one packet. Downloading has no cap, nor will it ever.
- You can drag the bar seporating the field in which you type, and the field where the chat text appears.
- You may undo only the last object you have drawn. In the future, multiple levels of undo may be available.
- If you are lazy, like I am, you can type "/away" (with no message string) in place of "/back".
- For those of you who want to edit saved files in a text editor, the format is simple enough to reverse-engineer. Go for it!